There are now zillions of personal
home pages and small-scale websites on the Internet.
Some are really neat, like the clever HockeyZonePlus (www.surf. to/hockeyzone).
Webmaster Francois Coulombe has several novel features on his site, including a
calculation of the top gross salaries earned by NHL players since 1989-90.
Blues fans will be proud to know that former and current members of their team dominate
the list. To wit:
1) Wayne Gretzky, $43.3 million.
7) Brett Hull, $27.2 million.
10) Scott Stevens, $25.7 million.
14) Al MacInnis, $21.9 million.
15) Brendan Shanahan, $21.8 million.
18) Pierre Turgeon, $20.8 million.
Hmmmm . . . these figures give Michel Picard something to shoot for.
The site also includes a collection of entertaining quotes, a number of other salary
breakdowns and links to all sorts of other cool websites. With the playoffs in full gear,
this is a great time to go surfing with fellow hockey hobbyists.