HockeyZone
HockeyZonePlus.com


     

Salary History of a NHL player
Enter  last name and click on  "Search" to access HockeyZonePlus' database

Stats of a player
 
(pro/minor)

Enter last name and click on "Search" to access hockeydb.com's database

 

 

 

 

 




NHL Franchises Ownership

NHL Franchises Changing Ownership:

July 25, 2001 The NHL approves the transaction where a group of 8 South-Florida investors, (including former Miami Dolphins Bernie Kosar, Alan P. Cohen, CEO of generic drug maker
Andrx Corp., South Florida car magnate Mike Maroone and Precision Response CEO David Epstein), acquire the Florida Panthers and the National Car Rental Center for $US100M from Wayne Huizenga.
July 25, 2001 The NHL approves the transaction where George Gillett acquires, for $CND 250M, 80.1% of the Montreal Canadiens and 100% of the Molson Center from the Molson brewery.
July 2001 Ted Leonsis, who owns 51% of Lincoln Holdings LLC (owners of the Washington Capitals) buys all the shares of Jonathan Ledecky (24%) for a reported $68M (Washington Post). Leonsis increases his ownership to 75%. The other 25% shares of Lincoln Holdings LLC are owned by real estate investor Dick Patrick, Raul Fernandez and former basketball star Michael Jordan.
August 2000 John McMullen sells the New Jersey Devils, for $US 175M to Puck Holdings LLC (more than 50%) and a limited number of partners. Puck Holdings LLC is a division of YankeeNets which is owned by George Steinbrenner, Lewis Katz and Ray Chambers.

July 2000

Stanley Kroenke buys  the Colorado Avalanche,  the Nuggets, and the Pepsi Center from Ascent for $US450.

7-Sept-99

Bill and Nancy Laurie (heirs of the founders of Walmart) buy the St.Louis Blues and the Kiel Center for $US 100M (and they take on the $US 96M debt on the Kiel Center) from Clark Enterprises.

13-July-99

Abe Pollin sells the Washington Capitals to Lincoln Holdings LLC (Ted Leonsis, Jonathan Ledecky and Dick Patrick) for $85M US. 
The overall $200M transaction included 100% of the Capitals and 44% of  Washington Sports & Entertainment which owns the NBA Wizards, WNBA Mystics, the MCI Center, US Airways Arena and the Washington-Baltimore Ticketmaster franchise.

June-99

Pittsburgh Penguins bought by Mario Lemieux and partners from Howard Baldwin and Roger Marino

May-99

Tampa Bay Lightning bought by William Davidson from Arthur Williams for $US115M

1999

Barry Shenkarow sold the Winnipeg Jets to Richard Burke and Steven Gluckstern who moved it to Phoenix.

June-97

John Spano bought the NY Islanders from John Picket for $US 165 but missed a payment and had to give back the franchise.

September-95

LA Kings bought by Majestic/Anschutz Ventures (Philip F.Anschutz and Edward P.Roski Jr.) for $US 113M

June-95

Quebec Nordiques bought by Comsat Corp for $US 75M from Marcel Aubut, Marcel Dutil and partners.

1995

Dallas Stars sold by Norman Green to Thomas Hicks for $US 84M

1993

Wayne Huizenga, CEO of Boca Resorts, buys an NHL expansion team, the Florida Panthers

NHL Franchises Ownership:

Franchise Owners
Anaheim Mighty Ducks Walt Disnet Co.
Boston Bruins Jeremy Jacobs
Buffalo Sabres John Rigas
Calgary Flames Harley Hotchkiss + 8 partners
Carolina Hurricanes Peter Karmanos Jr.
Chicago Blackhawks William Wirtz
Colorado Avalanche Stanley Kroenke
Columbus Blue Jacket  
Dallas Stars Thomas Hicks
Detroit Red Wings Mike Illitch
Edmonton Oilers James Hole
Florida Panthers Ggroup of 8 South-Florida investors including former Miami Dolphins Bernie Kosar, Alan P. Cohen, CEO of generic drug maker Andrx Corp., South Florida car magnate Mike Maroone and Precision Response CEO David Epstein.
Los Angeles Kings Philip Anschutz / Edward Roski Jr.
Montréal Canadiens Georges Gillett (80.1%) &
Molson Companie Ltd (19.9%)
Minnesota Wild  
Nashville Predators Craig Leipold
New Jersey Devils Puck Holdings LLC (more than 50%) and a limited number of partners. Puck Holdings LLC is a division of YankeeNets which is owned by George Steinbrenner, Lewis Katz and Ray Chambers.
NY Islanders Charles Wang
NY Rangers Cablevision Systems
Ottawa Senators Rob Bryden
Philadelphia Flyers Comcast
Phoenix Coyotes Richard Burke
Pittsburgh Penguins Mario Lemieux and partners
San Jose Sharks George/Gordon Gund
St.Louis Blues Bill and Nancy Laurie
Tampa Bay Lightning William Davidson
Toronto Maple Leafs Steve Stavro
Vancouver Canucks John McCaw Jr.
Washington Capitals Lincoln Holdings LLC 
(Ted Leonsis = 75%,
DickPatrick/Raul Fernandez/Michael Jordan = 25%)

 

Copyright © 1999-2003 - François Coulombe - All Rights Reserved.
Comments, questions and suggestions? Contact us!